Responsible for measuring and drawing each construction project to derive an accurate parts list. Maximize the productivity of installation crews to achieve the highest quality of work from all crews on specific projects. Works well with the production manager, sales staff, contractors, building department officials, customers, and staff to coordinate and communicate all aspects of the construction project.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Must accurately measure and draw construction projects. Must understand aluminum engineering requirements.
• Determine the need for construction materials using parts lists.
• Have Knowledge and experience working with aluminum products like railings and screen walls for commercial jobs.
• Obtain necessary permits and engineering drawings.
• Knowledge of safety codes for commercial buildings and multi-family condominiums
• Communicate field problems or ideas developed during work.
• Report all materials leaving the building through proper paperwork (parts list, AMO, or counter ticket).
• Job Checks, responsible for the follow-up of all installations for proper quality and workmanship.
• Development of installers and installer helpers, maintain a safe and clean work site environment by educating and directing sub-contractors on using all control points, equipment, and resources, maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Perform various other duties as assigned by the branch manager.
• Must have a high school diploma, college or work equivalent knowledge.
• Prior construction and business knowledge, management and training experience.
• Must understand aluminum engineering requirements and the aluminum construction process.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs., bend, good with numbers, great with customers; this is a very challenging environment.
• Must have a friendly, easy-going personality, decent work ethic, honest, hardworking, and ambitious. A background check will be required. A clean driving record and drug testing are required.
• Computer skills are a plus, MS office software, and Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV).
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.